Sunday, June 7, 2009

BBcutie

I'm typing this with Baby Girl asleep on my chest. We're lounged on the couch, getting some extra TLC while she recovers from double ear infections. Poor honey. I'm also hunting and pecking one handed...

I like to make barbecue sauce myself. One great, simple version Darling Husband invented uses just 3 ingredients: passion fruit nectar, canned chipotle in adobo, and chopped sweet onion. Soften the onion, add the other two, and simmer an hour or more. We run the stick blender through it for even consistency. It's very spicy but has great sweet/smoky flavor.

I tried my hand at baked beans this weekend. Flavor wise, I made fire beans, hot enough to singe the devil's own nose hairs. Oops. Texture wise. I made gerbil pellets, dry and hard as... gerbil pellets. Oops.

Better luck next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment